Tuesday, December 18, 2012

you don't necessarily choose when opportunity knocks

It always seems so busy trying to get ready for vacation.  Add both Bill & I doing Ironman and travelling with the kids, made it even more so.  We have one bike box, so had to borrow the 2nd one (thanks Al); we (& the purse) certainly felt the airline luggage restrictions (& charges).  Transporting all 4 of us, luggage and bike boxes to the airport also took extra preparation as we needed a big enough vehicle...
The weekend before we left was the 1st novice meet of the year, as novice co-ordinator this year it meant some new tasks for me to take care of and the next meet to get ready for was the day after we arrived home.  I needed to have the workouts planned and sent to the coaches covering me etc.  It was also the HAC banquet the weekend before we left and then Dahlia's birthday was the week after we got back.  I managed to throw together 2 little parties for Dahlia, one with family (thanks to my parents for letting me use their house) and one for friends (her 1st friend party, we had it at an indoor playground).
And then of course there is Christmas!  It would come fast after our holidays... One weekend there were 5 parties to take part in -> can you say partied out? (I never thought I would, but I did!)

Add to all this, I make a pretty significant decision, to change employers.  The Friday before we leave for Mexico, a client offers me a job.  Packing and thinking about my future (I was bound to leave something important at home).  I had my 1st job interview in approx 15 years that weekend.  And the day we were about to leave I handed in my resignation.  After the trip, I went back to the office for 1 last day; the whole office took me out for lunch and we even had cake!  It was a bit sad, but at the same time I'm super excited!

Sometimes opportunity knocks when you least expect it or are ready for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment