Friday, April 19, 2013

Boston marathon bombings

I wasn't there, but many of my friends were.  Thankfully none of them were hurt physically.  Emotionally, that may be a different story, but it is this which makes us stronger.
The emotions I felt as I learned of events and as I had an opportunity to reflect are difficult to put into words, there was fear and then relief for my friends, there was anger, exasperation and sadness, there was concern about the future of events like this, which in my opinion are important to humanity.  As I learned of the death of a child (a spectator), it rattled me to think of my own children who have been supporters in similar events; I never specifically worried about something like that before, but I know you can't live in a bubble (or put one around your children) and something bad could happen anywhere. We can't let evil win, we can't give up doing things we love because of fear. 
For a little over a year, I've been quietly thinking about attempting to qualify for this race, this tragic event will not stop me, and it may even inspire me to get er done.  
Peace!
some friends in Boston

No comments:

Post a Comment