Monday, July 29, 2013

I survived a 5 hour swim :)

So Saturday, Lynn, Stacey and I planned a 5 hour training swim in Lake O.  Courtney Paulk was in the area from Virginia to do some training for her Catalina Crossing in September, so we invited her along to join us.  The craziness in Lake Ontario lately had us a bit nervous about what we could expect.  The website showing water temperatures was predicting VERY COLD!   Courtney did some testing Friday night and the results were much more favourable at 70F...

red sky in the morning, sailor's warning???
Stacey, Lynn, Carrie, Courtney, Mel










I must admit the lake conditions weren't all that had me nervous.  5 hours would be my 1st long swim since my Lake O crossing, more than double the longest practice I had done since... but my shoulders held.  They were a bit sore after, but I think my back was more achy.  I was pretty uncomfortable for the rest of the day but woke up Sunday, feeling well recovered.  I must say I am very happy with being able to manage a 5 hour swim...

 




















passed a few hydro towers
I look forward to following Courtney's Catalina crossing too, you know where that could lead though right?


No comments:

Post a Comment