Thursday, April 14, 2011

Whirlpool of a life

Whirlpool: going around in a whirling motion!  being sucked under!
I know I do it to myself, so I shouldn't complain.  And honestly, I would way rather be busy than bored!
But I do need to thank some people for helping me out, so I can do (nearly) everything I need/want to do.
A couple HAC folk have/are helping me out by getting Cadence to & from some sessions for this and last weekends (3 day) swim meets.  Thanks Kim, Denise, Lisa!  [I hate to miss seeing Cadence race, but as long as I see some(?); and I timed it perfectly, so Dahlia and I got to watch her 100 Free last Saturday; and then on Sunday at both meets I was/will be officiating, so I'll see those races at least.]
My sister in law Terri, is a lifesaver!  Coming through again for me this Saturday.  Saturday looks like a circus:  Bill is doing a 30k trail race in Pickering; Cadence's meet starts at 11:30 in Brantford, with the relay being in the evening at finals.  The Novice kids I coach have a meet in Oakville at 3pm.  And then I have a stag & doe in Milton in the evening.  So I planned to take Cadence to Brantford (with Dahlia) and watch her individual race, leave Cadence there with Lisa (coach/swim parent) to bring home after finals; zip home with Dahlia (hope Bill's back, so I could zip to Oakville, then straight from Oakville to Milton.  Terri said I could drop Dahlia off at her place if Bill wasn't back before I needed to leave...Sounded like a plan!... Then...
I got an email asking if I wanted to be a guest instructor for a spin-a-thon for kids (see: link for Spin for kids on facebook) with Lee Hart from 11-noon on, you guessed it, Saturday!  So now Terri is watching Dahlia so I can add this to my Saturday; like a said, Terri is a lifesaver!  As a guest instructor I will get introduced as someone trying to swim across Lake Ontario, so as well as helping the fundraiser, it will be raising some awareness for my swim - win win!  I will also mention that I swam with Lee Hart back when we were young and then he swam BMSC for a little while.  I see him at various triathlons. And back when I was looking for enough pool time to do longer swims he told me about the Y that has (at least 1 lane of) lap swimming basically all day on the weekends.  This has been instrumental for my training.
Well I'm still staying a float, thanks to some help!  It's greatly appreciated.
Melanie xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment