Tuesday, August 7, 2012

not a holiday leisure ride with these guys!

So occasionally on holiday Mondays in the summer, the ride group changes it up abit and rides from Oakville to St Catherines and then rides the train back.  I had quasi taken part once before, joining the ride in Burlington rode part way and then ridden back home, so had never gone the full way or taken the train back.  That time had been a very large group who took part, and the last one we missed (July), there were pictures posted of another large group of folks, including other girls and smiling faces and what seemed to be a leisurely holiday ride.  So the August long weekend this year, Bill and I were able to par-take, we drove to Burlington GO then rode to Oakville (to get a little extra riding in) to meet the rest of the group, and then rode to St Catherines... BUT the numbers joining us were small, I was the only girl (I'm used to riding with the guys) but these 5 guys must of have had there game on or something, because this was no leisure ride.  They were racing each other and I was dying!!  It's also probably easier when you have a larger group to not feel so out skilled, after Bill convinced me not to turn around, and Al graciously dropped back to ride with me I made it to the train station...
And although the ride was tough on me, it was fun to down some pints on the patio before the train left (and by the way I could more than keep up with the beer drinking, hey everyone has their talents!)

No comments:

Post a Comment