Wednesday, August 14, 2013

LOST race 2013

The LOST race this year was a smooth swim, for swimmers and for race organizers. 
As a swimmer it was very pleasant, great temp in my opinion at 62F, comfortable naked, I like swimming in a bit more waves, but it is nice to race flat water, for easy viewing, getting a good rhythm etc. 
As part of the race organization, the flat water, reasonable temp are so much less stressful!
We got the registrations done and I was able to jump into the water in time for the start this year.  I got swimming beside someone and it was really good pacing and I really enjoyed feeling constantly pushed by my swim "buddy".   

I wasn't sure who it was but when we finished I realized it was my friend Chris who I sometimes swim laps with.  He was stoked when we finished and we did a big hug.  Later he came and told me we did a 1hour 1minute and that was a pb for him, so he was really happy!  He also told me I had top 3 finish in the "naked" female category, 1st time on the podium in the LOST race. Yeah!!
 
 
Here's the write-up on the LOST swimming website
 

No comments:

Post a Comment