Thursday, August 1, 2013

the next adventure/vacation, I couldn't resist

So my friends, Stacey and Lynn have been planning a swim across the Northumberland Strait from New Brunswick to PEI mid August and coincidentally my parents rented a cottage for a family vacation in Nova Scotia mid August,,, how could I resist the coincidence: I'm planning to join Lynn and Stacey (also Lynn's niece Annelies and Stacey's friend Chris) and swim across the Straight. It's just way too cool a swim, I'm just way too close by, it will be just way too awesome swimming with my friends, and raising awareness for diabetes.  I think it is so amazing that Stacey with Diabetes has done/is doing such challenging events.  My friend Stacey has Diabetes; one of my extended family members, who is a major supporter/helper when Bill and I are doing athletic events, has been struggling with some side-effects from her Diabetes, making the cause very dear to me...

It just adds a little challenge to a fabulous vacation: family time with my parents and my sister, my new brother-in-law and getting to finally see my sister with a baby bump.  The East coast will be spectacular! 


No comments:

Post a Comment