Monday, January 16, 2012

my super swimmer girl does her 1st 1500 free

Cadence (my daughter) swam her 1st 1500 free yesterday (Jan15th,2012) and as usual I loved watching her work this race.
For those who have done it, doing a 1500 well is not easy; knowing how to pace will likely take a few tries.
But here she is holding fairly even 1:21's per hundred to give her a final time of 20:26:38.  Just making me wonder where this kid will take it with some more practice at it!
I will also brag just a little more: as this gets her ranked 10th in the country in her age (12)!

Have I created a monster? (haha), well maybe; she says she loved the race! and I loved the smile on her face!
We didn't do 1500 when I was a kid (it was a male event only) but honestly she would have lapped me likely a couple times.  So I don't know where she gets it!
Anyway, you can probably tell I'm proud of her...regardless of the fantastic time, I know she worked through a Hard New race and that's the real impressive part!  :)
Love you my girl!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment