Sunday, January 15, 2012

out of the blue

Funny how the Lake swim has faded into a memory, something I thought about almost non-stopped for the better part of a year; spent so much time preparing for in terms of training and organizing... and then it's over...

The congratulations I received (Thank you!) for awhile after made it linger a little longer and then doing the HAC speech was a nice way to cap off the end of the journey...

But then last week, out of the blue, came some new interest to let me savour it a little more:
  • I was asked to be a guest speaker at a womens' Probus meeting, and
  • Canadian Wildlife Magazine contacted me about doing a feature about my swim and specifically about the fundraising for Lake Ontario Waterkeeper
Both very exciting!  (exciting enough to want to share it in a little blog)...And I am very honoured by the interest and to think that it will keep some of the good from this adventure going a little longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment