Tuesday, August 9, 2011

LOST in Welland

I took the girls down to Welland on Sunday to watch the Welland Open Water Races and support some LOSTies and other friends who were participating.

 

planking
Dahlia wanted right it the water!











Unfortunately many of the racers did not get to complete their swim before the thunderstorms, and I haven't seen the results posted yet, but I do know that LOSTie Bud won the 10k and in 2nd was another LOSTie Gary.  Way to dominate the 10k LOSTies!! 
I also know Anna-Marie finished the 3k.  Anna-Maria is a sweetie and was also my room-mate at Nationals this year, being the only LOSTie competing there for LOST!  She is a great swimmer too!
We also saw Carolyn (LOSTie), Miguel (Lake O crosser, who I crewed for) and his son San before they went to start the 5k, but I don't believe any 5k'ers were able to finish due to the weather...
There were other LOSTies participating that we didn't see, we left when they started packing up and the rain came... but I hope to see them soon and hear how it went at least up until the storm.
And last, but not least we saw Christine, who I have become friends with through our common goal to cross the Lake this summer, and coincidentally Christine is raising money for the Welland International Flat Water Centre and left for her swim crossing the next day and finished 22.5 hours later (today)!  Way to go Christine! 
We are on a roll and I am up next...

No comments:

Post a Comment