Sunday, August 7, 2011

Teenager shows the way for the rest of the Lake O crossing aspirants

Rebekah Boscariol, a 17 year old from Markham has successfully swum across Lake Ontario in near record time.  I can't even imagine doing this as a teenager and apparently Rebekah  wanted to try a few years ago but it took this long to convince her parents of the idea!
(Although it is a good thing I didn't have to convince my mom of the idea, or I probably wouldn't be doing it, lol)
Rebekah got the ball rolling for the 3 or 4 other aspirants this year, including myself and Christine Arsenault who I have become friends with through our shared goal.
While Rebekah was swimming I was thinking about her.  My weekend was full of Lake Ontario and hence Rebekah was not far from my mind.  I went out on the Lake in Tyler's boat (the tailboat for my crossing) on Friday night for a little boatwarming party and we drifted in the  waves, and I thought of Rebekah in the waves and dark! 
Saturday morning I had a beautiful swim with LOST, I thought of Rebekah having the swim of her life (so far)! 
Home from LOST, I learned Rebekah was successful and felt relief and hope that brings the rest of us good luck!
Then having learned through Lake Ontario Waterkeeper (the charity I'm raising funds for) about Bronte Harbour Days we went to Heritage Waterfront Park with Bill and the kids and Cadence's friend Madeline and we enjoyed some time by the water, checked out the sand sculpting contest and Dahlia had a blast in the playarea ... and I kept looking out to the Lake thinking of Rebekah's accomplishment!  Congrats Rebekah!!
beautiful girls by beautiful Lake O



amazing sand sculptures







Dahlia brought her fishing rod

 




No comments:

Post a Comment