Tuesday, September 11, 2012

catching up

I guess the summer of 2012 can be considered the summer involved in swimming. On top of all the Lake Ontario Swim Team registrar/race stuff, Bill and I were also helping Lake Ontario crossing aspirants.
I did a quick tally to figure that Bill spent over 150 hours for crossings or trial swims or kayaking on aspirant training swims and I spent over 85 hours.  If you look at a 35 hour work week, that's over 4 weeks for Bill and 2 weeks for me.
The zodiac was out there getting more use in one summer than we anticipated when we bought it and Bill got enough kayaking done to feel confident enough to try his first adventure race (next weekend) which has a leg of kayaking in it.
Needless to say, August went by in a whirl, there was lots going on, and I finally completed a bunch of blogs about it all, so catch-up if you wish:
Francois & Madhu's Lake O Crossings attempts
Olympic OW swimmers fear the open water
LOST races
LOST founder swims home
my sister comes down for an adventurous visit
Youngest person to swim across Lake O
Once in a blue moon dip
Pier 2 pier swim
my swim master attempts to be oldest Lake O crosser

sunriser training swim ~ beautiful!
It really has been an incredible summer, on and in the water, with friends and family, building memories.
Someone told me to start a blog when I began training for my Lake O crossing, I've grown to really enjoy writing down these stories, even if it is just so one day when I'm old and forgetful (may be sooner than I wish) I can read and remember these fun times...

No comments:

Post a Comment