Thursday, September 13, 2012

Gymnast Dahlia

On day in the summer, Dahlia says "watch what I can do", and she does a somersault.  Amazed because we never saw her try it before, We ask her, who taught you that?  She replies that she taught her self.  We ask her, when did you learn it?  She says " I trained and trained and trained and then I did it"  ~ Out of the mouth of babies!  She is definitely from our family, I love it!  She already gets the connection between working for something and achievement.  I know she is still so young but with her stubbornness if it could be channeled towards something she really wanted, I feel she could really excel at it... gymnastics may be It, we will see...
Every since she saw it during the Olympics she's said she wants to be a gymnast, so I signed her up for the next classes available.  She started gymnastics this week.
She was so excited about her 1st class!  It was just adorable!  Also very cute that big sister Cadence wanted to come and watch her little sister's first gym class.  After the class I asked Dahlia what her favourite was (bars, beam, trampoline...) She emphatically said "everything"!


No comments:

Post a Comment