Friday, September 21, 2012

back into the regular groove

Everyone is back to school, back into a schedule of evening activities, and back into our regular groove.  Even though Cadence has decided not to do competitive swimming this year, we still seem to have a lot going on.  She is taking the bronze medallion life-saving class and has been helping me coach on Mondays.  The Olympic wave has carried some new swimmers to my group this year.  Mondays I have had almost 30 kids in my novice class, so have really appreciated Cadence's volunteering to help me out.  Looks like some great kids and I'm looking forward to watching them progress.  Along with coaching novice a few times a week, I have also accepted  the role as Novice co-ordinator, so there will be a bit more administrative work involved in my coaching job, but I really hope to help HAC benefit from the Olympic year and contribute to the development of a strong novice base for the club.
Then there is Dahlia, who is ready to put her energy into some organized lessons.  She has gymnastics class, swimming lessons and Olympic Way (pre-novice competitive swimming) each week now to keep her busy.  She's loving it all!
I've rejoined BMSC after taking a year off to let my shoulders heal.  2 great things in that statement: rejoining BMSC (I missed it and my teammates) and shoulders healing (I almost forget how badly they were hurt now).  After thinking I might never do fly again, I've found I can do full stroke fly now, without anything more than the normal pain from fly.  The neat thing about being back at BMSC is who I brought with me.  Husband Bill has joined too...  It's awesome, particularly because now I get a drive home after Thursday's pub night... LOL
Oh course Bill and I are trying to ramp up the training for Ironman, we've felt behind in our training, from the summer of Lake crossings, and now find ourselves sort of the lonely triathletes, as everyone else is pretty much done for the year, but at least we have each other... so now it's just trying to fit the training into the schedule...

No comments:

Post a Comment