Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy about the heat wave!

I may be the only one happy we had a heat wave this week, but considering not too long ago I was worried about the cold spring and hence my chance of getting a day when the Lake was warm enough for crossing (remember I don't wear a wetsuit) was looking slim; yes I am happy about the heat this past week.  I now have gotten out from swimming in Lake Ontario 5 times without having to put my parka on.  Still a few shivers, probably the only one around here shivering, but they aren't around long, and the Lake is warming up and I am very comfortable in these temperatures in the water!  My chances of having an acceptable temperature for the crossing have gone up considerably.  So when you are sweating, don't complain, go jump in the Lake!  It is refreshing!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment