Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Terrific Tuesdays

The last 2 Tuesdays I've taken a vacation day!  Why do days off always go so fast?
I let the kids sleep in a bit, while I did some chores around home.
Then we headed to Dahlia's daycare to volunteer in the pool for her/their daycare swim.  Dahlia loves the water!  She does a nice little float on her back and has a good little kick now (those wild kicks most little kids do are gone)  Cadence did a great job playing with the kids too, they loved having Dahlia's "si-si" in the water too!  What a fun hour!
Next, Cadence and I headed to Lake Ontario.  Last week, it was too rough for Cadence to kayak especially to try and do so beside me swimming, so we ended up just playing in the waves (see previous blog about our fun http://melaniepriceadventures.blogspot.com/2011/07/fun-in-lake-ontario.html)
This week, though we had a good swim/kayak.  Cadence could be a pro kayaker, she did well!  After thinking last week that we really should of had the underwater camera, we remembered to bring it this week. Here are some of the fun(ny) pictures we took.  (I took a little break while swimming to get some pictures, but then back to business, we both did a really strong return leg into a strong headwind!)


 
 



 

 
 










And a video Cadence took of me swimming, keep in mind she is a pro kayaker, not a pro video-er while kayaking:




And bonus, when we were carrying the kayak to the car after, Cadence says "mom, I just need to adjust my grip", and we were by these people (who Cadence previously rescue their big sun umbrella which had blown into the water for) who heard Cadence say "mom" and then one of them said to us "oh I thought you were sisters"  love it!

Both Tuesdays after the beach I went for a massage!  Julie Richards RMT helps me so much.  She is amazing strong!  Writing this now, I am still basking in how great I'm feeling!  Thanks Julie, she knows what a mess I'd be with out her! 

And then home for the evening, with the whole family together, so unusual lately, so pleasant!

No comments:

Post a Comment